Sunday, February 5, 2017

Looking Back: SS16





Hello!
I hope everyone is enjoying their weekend. I've spent the last two days in pajamas fighting against a cold. Lots of tea, honey, and homemade soup. Regardless, I'm excited to push forward and look back at my Spring/Summer 2016 collection. 




I started 2016 by offering a new styles and a farm theme. This romper was one of those new items, it has a cross back and adjustable straps, which make it great for summer growth spurts! My family and I had recently moved outside the city into an 1890's farm house and these prints reflect the things that I was focused on during that time. The harvest romper features chickens in the garden, both of which we enjoy on our farm. 



Another new item was the blackberry high low dress. It has a gorgeous scooped back and 3/4 sleeves.  I absolutely loved these and they didn't stay stocked long. This print really caught my attention as we'd spent the previous summer visiting our newly purchased land and picking wild black raspberries and mulberries we found. 


Another item made with the harvest fabric was the harvest suspender shorts. With removable and adjustable straps as well as an elastic band in the back, they're perfect for getting a vintage look without losing comfort. 


The last item for boys was a casual vest. I'm a sucker for a cute vest, regardless of if it's formal or paired with a t-shirt. The light denim pairs well with so many colors and the adjustable back gives you a perfect fit. 


Returning from the previous ss15 collection is this 2 piece outfit in new prints, the reversible harvest/homestead pinafore and bloomers - this side shows the homestead print, while the reverse is the blue harvest print and bloomers in mustard to coordinate with both sides. 


A new 2 piece outfit was the basic baby raglan and coordinating knit bloomers that came in peach or mustard. These raglans are a perfect wardrobe staple with wide neck openings for easy changing. I can't even begin to estimate the number of these I've made for my kids!



Lastly,  I did a small drop of a second romper in the summer, the peony romper. It's gorgeous detail and light weight fabric were awesome in the humid Iowa weather.  



And that's it! As summer was wrapping up I began planning for fall and as you'll see, I was thinking bears.  Catch you next time!
:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!