Thursday, July 24, 2014

KCW Day 2; Embroidery Ya'll


Day 2 has come and gone, whew! 

I spent all of day 2 having Lily draw her masterpieces onto the bodice of the dress and then allowing her to pick each color she wants the drawing to be embroidered in. While the task takes a bit of time..."I want it in red here, and then this needs to be green, yeah- light green, and then..." lol it's completely fun watching her enjoy the leadership role she get's for this dress. She may or may not be a natural "BOSS." 







Yes, all capitals people. She wants to be in charge of um, everything. I have to nicely remind her daily that while some day she can be the boss of people as a job, that day is not TODAY and she cannot boss me around. 

So, while I'm playing sweatshop to a six year old, I am also really really enjoying this theme and can't be more excited about how this dress will turn out. Yes, it will be colorful and crazy, but it will be all Lily Mae and that's pretty cool. 

2 comments:

  1. This is such a great idea! Did your daughter draw with a chalk? I'd like to try this out with my own budding artiste. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She used a white chalk pencil that's made for sewing- though it looks very similar to a white colored pencil. I know they make a white marker, but every one I've purchased is dried up (so lame). It's water soluble so it will wash out :)

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!