Friday, April 11, 2014

KCW& Calling All Kids Day 5: Newborn Geranium Dresses

Another great pattern I have found for the new baby is the adorable Little Geranium Dress offered on Made By Rae.  





First I made it in this rainbow wheat print fabric that I've had in my stash for a long time. I love that it's beautiful but not girly. 


To keep with the wheat's earthy feel, I picked out wooden buttons. 



It was crazy quick and easy to sew up. I really liked the shape of it and immediately cut out a second. 



The second dress I decided to use a striped dark blue& yellow fabric. I really adore it and used it on a few items for lily last summer. 


To have a bit of fun I cut the bodice and skirt opposite, using the stripes to create visual interest. 
I don't know why I didn't take a photo of the back but I used dark blue buttons. 


I'm really excited that I got not one, but two dresses done today. Friday is our busiest day of the week because we attend a homeschooling coop in the morning. It's always a mad dash in the morning, followed by a crash in the afternoon. So, to get home feeling good enough to sew is unheard of.  The kids really did an amazing job and so tonight we'll have a campfire and toast marshmallows for s'mores.

I'll be back tomorrow, though I have no clue what I'll be showing. 



Fabric: top- Joann Fabric, bottom- gifted from family

4 comments:

  1. These dresses are so cute! I've been meaning to try this pattern. I especially love that wheat fabric! Being from Kansas, wheat has a special place in my heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe it's been in my stash for as long as it has without being used, it's so fun. <3

      Delete
  2. These are adorable ~ especially like the stripes going opposite directions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like that it's a bit more of a formal dress- maybe for newborn photos?

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!