Friday, May 3, 2013

Guest Posting on The Shaffer Sister's Blog

Hi Guys!






Today I'm Guest Posting over at The Shaffer Sister's Blog for a series called "Make for Mom." 
It's a great month to be a little selfish, being that it's got Mother's Day& all. Go check it out today& all month- because there are lots of great guests lined up. Maybe even consider sewing along with us& linking up something for YOU! Whether it be home decor, clothing, a quilt, a bag, whatever it is make it for yourself this time. I hope I see you there!

CLICK HERE TO VISIT THE SHAFFER SISTER'S BLOG!!


The Made for Mom's Who's Who:


Amanda Jedi Craft Girl
Mae The Life of a Compulsive Crafter
Olubunmi  ZoeEden Design
Michelle Handmade Martinin 
Melissa Mellywoods Mansion
Ajaire Call Ajaire
Susan Winter Wonderings, Wanderings and Whatnot
Shannon Little Kids Grow
Maegen Foster Ramblings
Max Max California
Caila Caila Made
Bonnie Fish Stick Design
KC The Real Thing with the Coake Family
liZ Simple Simon & Co.

19 comments:

  1. You should put this up over at project sewn! I love it. I hope you link it.
    with love,
    -Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress! Beautiful job!
    --Jill
    Jill Made It

    ReplyDelete
  3. absolutely gorgeous!! LOVE the fabric you chose-- looks stunning on yoU! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had a point where I seriously doubted the fabric, but I eventually pulled the sleeves off which toned it down.


      Mae

      Delete
  4. The fit looks amazing! good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! I pulled the seams in around 5 times? It was my biggest fear that I wouldn't master the fit correctly. I guess the persistence paid off. :) Thanks!

      Mae

      Delete
  5. This dress is perfection!!! Seriously, the style, the fit, the fabric, the length...PERFECTION!!!
    -liZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Liz! &not only for the lovely compliment but also for starting project sewn where all of us seamstresses now have a place to showcase our hard work!

      Mae

      Delete
  6. I love this dress. The fabric is beautiful and it looks so polished!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer, I am so so happy to be receiving such nice compliments. It gave me full confidence to wear it this weekend & you know what? No one asked me if I made it! Considering my friends know my love for sewing& weren't the wiser, it's a big win.

      <3
      Mae

      Delete
  7. This dress is great! I love the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you! This isn't a neckline I'm accustomed to wearing, but I can see myself creating another now that I have.

      Mae

      Delete
  8. The dress is awesome! Love the fabric and the fit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favourite of the Project Sewn submissions. This dress is beautiful! Great fabric choice and a lovely silhouette on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I finally got to wear my dress yesterday and it was very comfortable. I especially liked that when I moved/bent over etc it didn't have issues with being too short.


      Mae

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful dress you did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Once I'm not pregnant anymore I'll be able to wear it again. Poor thing has been sitting unloved in my closet for some time now. :(

      Mae

      Delete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!