Tuesday, May 15, 2012

CPS Card Challenge Post

Hi! I'm back this week with another CPS weekly challenge card. This week's challenge is looking to be super fun and I had a good time creating my card while my daughter was running about making a card for a nice vendor who consistently gives her free food at our local farmers market. I love that by watching me she's learned to show appreciation with a homemade card, thats my girl! 


So, here's the sketch. I love that it's a longer card, even though I didn't use the style for my entry. I will probably end up going back and making another using this size. Who doesn't need a few pre-made cards to stick some money into for say... graduation etc? 



I used Basic Grey's indie bloom collection for this by layering it in the three stripes. I've had this paper pad for a long time and gotten so much use out of it. One project I did was halloween and this one spring? What versatility!  Then, I inked everything up with Tim Holtz distress ink in Walnut. I just recently purchased this color and it's quickly becoming a go-to. I usually used vintage photo but this is just a darker deeper brown. You could also layer both colors for more depth. 


I used a stock stamp that I had on hand to stamp the butterfly. Then, I loaded it up with perfect pearls and other misters so when you get close to it you can see all of the subtle but different colors. 
Then I stamped a little happy spring sentiment onto a banner using ::holiday berries:: and ::iced spruce:: from Tim Holtz.  Finished it off with some bling on a roll (its a michaels brand that you can find there). It comes in a roll and you can cut off as much as you'd like to use. love it. 


Well, I really hope you liked it & I can't wait to see what everyone else is making!!

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful Mae. I love the colors you've used and I like that you made the flowered panel bigger than the others. Thank you too, for your kind comment on my blog. That is one cute baby that you have - enjoy every moment. It flies!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!