Thursday, March 15, 2012

New GOoDieS = Fun Card!


I absolutely LOVE getting goodies in the mail. It's a great way to get inspired. 
First I got a package of awesome paper products from Made By Mish, a woman who's blog is full of great cards using the products she has in her shop. I'm not even sure how I came to follow her, but it's been one of my favorite blogs to read. She recently did a post on combining border punches to add fun elements; ugh so cute! 

Then, I got a package today of stamps from Sweet Stamp Shop. I saw some creations on another blog I follow and just had to order some of their products. I bought four stamp sets: 
1: It's a Man's World
2: Spectacle 
3: Old School Rock
4: Watchin' Tv

I was super excited to use them, especially with the great paper goodies. 
Here's what I made: 


I'll be adding a bookstore gift card to this tiny bag.


On this card I used an old book page& piece of scrap, sewed them together. Then on top I added one of Mish's bags for a gift card holder. Also from her shop is this adorable library card. I used the Spectacle stamp& sentiment on it& I popped the card up using foam squares for some added dimension. Finally, I stamped a vintage postal finger to the bag so the recipient knows the gift card is inside. 


Such a fun project! I've been indulging in lots of paper creations in the last few days waiting for the baby to come. I must say he's really helping my productivity. I've got birthday cards for the next few months taken care of, a brand new painted craft room that's nearly organized, and the old craft room is now nearing completion as a full play area for the children. The doctor finally said that since I'm not progressing, I'll be admitted Mon. pm to the hospital to start being induced. That is, of course, if he doesn't choose to come before then. The END is in SIGHT! I've got family coming into town next week as well as my birthday giving me SOOO much to look forward to! 

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!