Saturday, January 7, 2012

January Library Fundraiser


In November I was asked by a good family friend to donate items to the silent auction for a local library fundraiser to aid the after school programs they hold. I was really happy to sew a couple of hats for them :) 


This one Lily calls the "rock hat." I used fleece, super cozy soft, with cotton trim, and felt embellishment that I put together. Added some decorative stitching to the top for fun. 





This one is for a younger child 6-12mo. and is more shabby chic style. I was super happy that I could recycle an old pillowcase to make the bottom. Its made completely out of cotton fabric (not so much a winter hat) and of course the handmade felt roses sewn to the front. 


ONLY thing is, I don't have tags to sew in with my name on them :[ 
I was hoping to get them as a Christmas present, but didn't and I'll have to buy some soon! My hubby DID do an AWESOME job doing Christmas shopping for me, no complaints! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!