Friday, January 6, 2012

G45 Once Upon a Springtime Layout


Ah finished my layout! 

This particular layout was made using G45 Once Upon a Springtime Paper. I was able to check another To Do off my January list because this particular LO is for my HS Scrapbook. 

6a00d83495455153ef0133eda32469970b320wi.jpg

This is the template I used from CCL. 

There are SO many crafting materials I haven't had a chance to work with. Grungeboard was one of them until this project. Used his pre-cut set to add some pretty embellishment. 


I really liked the lines in this template. I fussy cut this cute little fairy instead of going with the butterflies. 


Also, chose to use fussy cut flowers instead of butterflies. Although, butterflies would have also worked quite well. I inked all of the edges of my paper with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. It is by far my favorite for edging, though I also like to use Tim Holtz black Distress ink at times too. Next purchase? Walnut Distress Ink. Its a bit darker than the Vintage Photo and I think it would work nice. 

I used Stickles in Diamond to highlight my splatter paint, it added a bit more bling. Also used it inside all of the flowers, on the wings of the tiny fairy, and on the '05. 




I like discussing lessons learned when doing this. Todays? Test the color of my paint against the papers I'm using. I would have like my splatter paint to be less pink and more peach. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!