Monday, January 16, 2012

Baby Girl Mini Album

This is by far my best album made from scratch: by scratch I mean creating the cover, binding, and pages rather than buying pre-made elements and adding only the paper/embellishments. 


Here is the front of the book with only paper.



Another pre-embellishment photo of the inside.

Paper only: Inside

I've previously mentioned this, but its always good to reiterate. I cannot simply sit down and make and album. It takes me so much thought and planning, laying out of pieces and papers, then reorganizing them. Here is the end result of nearly 2 weeks worth of work. 

This book is for my cousin's new baby girl, so I put her name on a plate in the front.
I used Grungeboard by Tim Holtz then Ink Dabbers by Ranger in
Expresso then Gold to color it. Afterwards I ran some fine sand paper across it to
rough it up and embellished with brads/yellow rose from IAMROSES.

Inside I kept it simple. I wasn't going to put the photos in for her and therefore wanted
to leave her plenty of room for photos. She can also slip photos into the paper
bags for storage. 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate and read each and every comment... thank you!